Who would have thought! Bake your brussel sprouts in the oven to make irresistible Brussel sprout chips. In the past I’d probably discard some of the outer leaves of these veggies – now we turn them into mouthfuls of salty, crunchy goodness.
Brussel Sprout Chips
Super easy snack that's satisfies the urge for crisps as is a much more nutrient dense option.
Author: Claire D
Recipe type: Snack
Type of food: Vegetarian, Paleo
Serves: 3 cups
What you need:
- 3 cups of Brussel sprout leaves (either just the other leaves or cut the sprouts in half and then peel off 2-3 layers from each sprout.)
- 3 Tbsp of coconut oil (or fat of choice - lard is good also)
- Sea salt
What to do...
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Melt 3 Tbsp of coconut oil (or other fat of choice)
- In a large bowl - mix the sprout leaves with the oil and then sprinkle very lightly with sea salt.
- Arrange the leaves in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until crispy and brown around the edges. Keep en eye out - it's easy to burn these!
- Remove from oven and serve immediately adding extra sea salt to taste.