A delicious broccoli soup.
Broccoli Soup that's fun for Halloween.
Author: Dom's Kitchen
Recipe type: Soup
Type of food: Paleo
What you need:
- 1 large or two medium broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Olive Oil
- 100g Cheese (we used goats cheese but you can use any cheese but stronger tasting best)
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
What to do...
- Bring water to a boil in a large stock pot.
- Add a large pinch of salt (1 - 1½ Tbsp.)
- Add broccoli and boil rapidly.
- Use a slotted spoon to add broccoli to a blender but be careful because it's boiling hot!
- Add the chicken stock.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Use several pulses on your blender to break the broccoli up and then puree for several seconds.
- Add the cheese and whiz for couple seconds.
- Return to stove top and bring to simmer.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve immediately.
Chef Dom's Tips:
If you are making the fancy version, add five walnuts to the bottom of a shallow bowl and then slice and place pieces of goat cheese on top of them.