I’m so excited about discovering doTerra essential oils that it’s hard not to start sounding like a “crazy oil lady” as I do feel compelled to let people know about how fantastic I’m finding them to be.
There have been the questions though from some people about doTerra (as in why doTerra?) and also about why I’m choosing to join this sort of company – a network marketing company.
Q1: So first, why doTerra?
Well, here’s the thing (and I’ll be completely honest with you)….while I’m choosing to work with doTerra, I’m not going to tell you that it’s the only essential oils company in the world that will get you good results.
I don’t know enough about all the different oils to tell you this. From what I’ve seen there are definitely some dodgy oils out there. But there also no doubt other good quality oils available as well.
However, I’m choosing to spend my money and time with doTerra for some really great reasons:
- doTerra sources its essential oils from all over the world, specifically from the areas where each plant grows indigenously. The plants are therefor more adapted to their environments and grow in their most potent forms. For example, lavender from France, lemon from Italy, and Frankincense from Oman.
- the plants are sustainably grown and wild-crafted by small-scale local producers. This is something that I’m learning more about and is important to me along with other products I buy like clothing and household items.
- doTerra oils are extensively tested, batch by batch: “In order to assure the purity of our oils and the presence of their active compounds, we subject our oils to rigorous testing standards for chemical composition. dōTERRA’s CPTG essential oils are cross tested using mass spectrometry and gas chromatography to ensure both extract purity and composition potency of each batch.” (source) If there are every any trace foreign substances found in the oils, then a batch is simply rejected. There’s no secondary process to remove those substances, and the oil is not sold.
- I have an awesome mentor through DoTerra who’s become successful because she’s totally down-to-earth and super-legit in her business.
- Giving back: doTERRA uses “co-impact sourcing” which means they source their plants from sustainable small-scale local farms to help create economic growth in vulnerable communities
Looking at these in more detail:
1.Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils
For an oil to qualify as CPTG, they must be:
- Pure and natural, with aromatic compounds carefully extracted from plants
- Free from fillers or artificial ingredients; no dilution of active qualities
- Free of contaminants, pesticides, or chemical residues
- Rigorously tested for standards of chemical composition (each bottle has a tracking number, so you can actually check this yourself)
- Cross tested using mass spectrometry and gas chromatography ensuring exact purity and composition potency
- Sourced by a global network of leading essential oil chemists and growers to ensure correct species, growth in ideal environments, and that raw plant materials were carefully harvested at the right time
2. Co-Impact Sourcing
Doterra are all about sourcing the best ingredients whilst looking after the environment and the people creating the products.
Many of the oils are sourced from developing countries, and doTERRA makes it a priority to look after these communities. Co-Impact Sourcing helps create coalitions of growers and distillers that ensure local communities receive fair and timely payments to support their families and communities. doTERRA works with these coalitions to provide the resources, tools, and training necessary to ensure a long-lasting partnership.
Here’s a video to explain a bit more about this aspect of the doTerra business:
3. Healing Hands Foundation
doTERRA does some amazing work through its Healing Hands Foundation charity. You can read more about it HERE. An example is the project Operation Underground Railroad Rescue which exists to rescue children from sex trafficking by utilising some of the world’s experts in extraction operations and anti-child trafficking efforts.
This video has more details:
Q2: Why get involved in a network marketing company?
Yes, doTerra is a network marketing company. And I’m good with that. Yes it took me a fair bit of research to arrive at this conclusion because if you know me you know I like to check things and check them … and check them again!
At the end of the day for me this is a company that markets to its consumers by paying individuals (like me now!) to spread the word and providing us with a commission on sales. Versus the tradition model of products being marketed to us by big companies through advertising in print and media and sales in retail stores. This is obviously a super simple explanation.
I like network marketing because:
- Financially: It’s up to me how well I do – I like being in control of my time and my success.
- Discounts. I love getting discounts for buying product and more discounts for sharing it!
- Network. I enjoy the network aspect because I enjoy meeting, teaching and helping people.
- Support and Coaching. The way doTerra is set up there’s a huge emphasis on support and coaching.
So here we go, beautiful friends, onwards and upwards on a new journey for health and happiness.
If you too would like to become a wellness advocate, come join our doTERRA tribe and let’s change the world together, one oil at a time! Email me at email@example.com and we can get started on this adventure right away!
I look forward to you joining me on this journey – in whatever capacity that may be.
P.S. If you know already that you’re keen to build a business with doTerra then click here for more information!