We’ve made this one several times and had it again this weekend. Simple recipe that’s quick and easy to make. Love it that we can be looking at vegetables in our garden and then 30 minutes later be eating them . So much more satisfying than ever imagined it could be back in our days living on takeaways and frozen meals.
This recipe will serve 2-3 depending on how hungry you are!
- 1 Bunch Spinach (=3 to 4 large leaves or one cup when cooked)
- 6 Eggs (large size)
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter or Coconut oil or Ghee
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Extra butter or oil to grease the baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius and grease a oven proof baking dish with butter or coconut oil.
- Steam the spinach for five minutes or so. Use clean tea towel to wring out once cooled a bit. Set aside.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add onion and cook for couple of minutes (until soft).
- Add in garlic, salt & pepper and the paprika and cook further minute or so and then add in the spinach and mix to cook for couple of minutes.
- Beat the eggs in bowl.
- Transfer the spinach mixture to the baking dish and pour over the eggs then place dish in oven.
- Cook at 180 degrees for aprox 10-15 mins or until cooked through.