So these are our super easy homemade chocolate gummies! A Chef Dom favourite and one of mine too. Made with gelatine which we’re really loving! Have you tried using it? We use Great Lakes Gelatine (the red container). It’s so easy to add to a variety of different foods for fun effects and some delicious gut healing goodness.
Gelatine is a bit of a buzz word at the moment. But it’s one of the few so called “superfoods” that actually does justify the hype and results from eating it include better looking skin, strong bones and helping immensely with your gut health generally.
In this recipe we teamed it up with raw cacao powder for the chocolate flavor (but you could use cocoa) and coconut milk and we made the mixture in a silicone mold that Dom loves – he calls them his “chocolate gingerbread men”.
So if you’re looking for a quick and easy snack for your kids that’s actually super healthy then these gummies are perfect. If you make them do please let us know how you found them by commenting below or tagging us on social media at #domskitchen and #kidslunchboxrevolution.
270mls coconut milk (we use Ayam brand – this is one can)
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 Tbsp gelatin (we use Great Lakes Gelatin – red box)
1 Tbsp raw cacao (or cocoa)
What To Do:
- Make room in your fridge for a tray of gummies and place your molds on a tray. (This makes it much easier but is not essential.)
- Combine the milk, syrup, cacao and vanilla in a pot and stir.
- Sprinkle gelatin over the mixture and immediately whisk to combine well.
- Heat over low heat for approximately 5 minutes taking care not to overheat or boil and stirring continuously until the liquid is smooth. (It should be only a luke warm temperature.)
- Remove from heat allow to cool slightly and then add to silicon molds.
- Place the tray with molds on it in the fridge for 30 minutes or until gummies are set firmly.