And another weekend is here! In our house that means Pancakes for breakfast! What are you having?
Pancakes for breakfast are always a winner. Try our amazingly delicious perfect Paleo pancakes made with coconut flour.
Coconut flour can be a bit tricky to work with. For this mixture you are definitely looking for a batter consistency but it won’t be a thick batter. In the pics I’ve put a couple of things we use that definitely help – having more than one pan (cook in smaller and flip into bigger) or when cooking directly in larger pan – a REALLY big spatular is very helpful!
We often make the pancake mixture in larger batches and then either make and freeze the pancakes or keep the mixture in the fridge and use within the week. You can bump up the protein with an extra egg in initial batch or adding to the next day’s batch (because the mixture will thicken up).
These are more liquid than traditional pancakes so you need to cook a little longer over a low-med heat and watch them carefully! Experiment with this – you can do with less egg and you actually don’t need flour at all. Just takes a bit of playing around and remember to write down what you do so when you get the combo you love you can re-create and the brand of coconut flour you used!
- 2 Large Mashed Ripe Banana
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon
- Whisk the eggs and then mix in with the mashed banana then add the coconut flour and cinnamon and whisk again.
- Leave for 5 mins for the mixture to thicken up.
- Cook over low-med heat for 2-3 minutes on first side and 1-2 minutes second side.
- These pancakes are more liquid than traditional pancakes so you need to cook a little longer over a low-med heat and watch them carefully!