OK people it’s time – Nose To Tail Tuesdays! What have you got for us??
We had another go making our 50:50:50 Paleo Burgers with 1/3 minced beef + 1/3 minced lamb liver + 1/3 minced bacon. So no these burgers are not for the faint hearted! Speaking of which a good change you can make is to swap out the minced meat for minced heart to make an even more nutrient dense meal. And of course 50:50:50 does not really make sense but it is the name given to the burgers by The Paleo Mom where we got the idea from.
We made these burgers with the portobello mushrooms as “buns” but I think it is easier to just use lettuce or eat the patties bun-less. Still was fun to do and looked great.
Dinner tonight was the burgers with caramelised onions and homemade guacamole on portobello mushroom buns. Totally delicious IMO and judging by his plate Dom agreed.
- 250g minced liver
- 250g minced bacon
- 250g minced beef
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or tallow or lard (if pan frying)
- Combine the liver, bacon and beef in large bowl.
- Form into patties for your desired size. (We made 8 patties from this amount of meat.)
- If grilling: Use a med-hit heat - preheat then place patties on grill for approximately 6 minutes per side or till cooked to your preference.
- For panfrying: Heat 1 tablespoons of fat over med-high heat and place patties in pan and cook for aprox 8 minutes per side or till cooked to your preference. Repeat with remaining patties.
- For baking: Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius (400 fahrenheit) and place patties in deep baking dish or roasting pan and bake for 18 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Rest the burgers for 5 minutes before eating.
Make into burgers with onions, tomatoes and avocados with either mushroom bun with lettuce inside or use the lettuce as the bun.