Dom and I made these Love Heart Gelatine Gummies today as we started off going to make a lemon and honey drink for my cough but then got idea to make these. So easy! Gelatine is
According the information I’ve read the list of benefits associated with gelatine (or gelatin as it’s also called) are far ranging and include supporting healthy skin, hair and nail growth, helping joint and joint recovery, improving digestion and so on. And aside from all of that it really doesn’t taste like anything so you can incorporate it in all sorts of foods to make them even more nutritious.
WHAT YOU NEED:
100ml (or about 1/2 cup) freshly squeezed lemon juice (or other fresh juice*)
2 tablespoons honey (we used Manuka but any honey or other sweetener of choice)
2 tablespoons gelatine (we used the red Great Lakes brand).
* We also did some blueberry ones using frozen blueberries heated with water in saucepan. (Heat, mash up a bit then strain.)
* We added some ground turmeric (1/2 teaspoon) for added goodness and to make the jellies even more yellow. This is totally optional.
WHAT TO DO:
1. Place juice and honey in saucepan and stir to combine over gentle heat.
2. Sprinkle gelatine on top and stir.
3. Bring to simmer (but not boiling) and stir for another couple of minutes.
4. Pour into moulds and put in freezer for about 10 minutes or until set.
5. Remove and store in airtight jar in fridge.
6. Soak your saucepan and anything else you’ve used in soapy water ASAP (or do what I did and forget and leave the empty saucepan on the low heat to really bake that gelatine/honey combo onto your saucepan…).
They’ll keep at least for a week – if they last that long! They are also ok at room temperature so great for the school lunch box.