A fun beet soup made with base of beetroots. Combine it with the Greeny Goo Soup and add a spider made of olives for Halloween fun.
- 3 tbsp butter (ghee), coconut oil, lard or tallow
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 medium beetroot, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 cups fresh chicken stock
- coconut cream (optional)
- Heat the fat in a large sauce pan and cook the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add the capsicum and stir until capsicum softened.
- Add the chopped beets and cook for another minute.
- Stir the stock in, optionally season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and let simmer for about 25 minutes, until the beet cubes are tender.
- With a blender or food processor work in batches and process to the consistency of a purée.
- Serve in bowls and swirl a bit of coconut milk or heavy cream on top of the bowls if desired.